Monday, April 23, 2012

What's Cookin' on Day 19 of My 24 Day Challenge

Happy Monday y'all.  Hope you've had a good day.  Our weather has been a bit abnormal - wind
blowing like crazy, and the temps dipping down in the 40's tonight . . . and it's almost May.

Tonight there were only two of us home for supper, so I decided to try something new.  After we had a few bites, I told the Mr. thanks for eating all the "experiments" I've been cooking on the Challenge - did I mention it's day 19?  The inches keep melting away and I've still got lots of energy.   Luckily, he replied "no problem".  Right answer.  Guess he knows what's good for him!   Here's what was on the menu . . . Salmon burgers, Zucchini pasta, and Avocado Tomato salad.  I'm really enjoying all the fresh veggies.



Salmon Burgers - 
3 small cans Pink Salmon, drained
2 Egg Whites
1/3 - 1/2 Oat Flour*
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp chopped Cilantro
juice from 1/2 Lime
Kosher Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper

Mix salmon, egg whites and spices together.  Add enough oat flour so the mixture will hold together.  Shape into burgers -  I got 4 good sized burgers out of this recipe.  I cooked the burgers on my George Foreman grill for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown.

Zucchini Pasta
2 medium Zucchini, julienne sliced
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Heat Olive Oil in skillet.  Add minced garlic and stir for about a minute.  Add julienned zucchini.  Saute for 5-6 minutes until heated through.  Season with Salt and Pepper.

Also tried out this recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares.   I subbed unsweetened applesauce for the brown sugar, and unsweet almond milk for the milk.  I added 2 packets of Stevia for a little more sweetness.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you'd like to learn more about the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge, go here or leave me a comment.





No comments:

Post a Comment