Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A New Look for an Old Stool

A few Several weeks ago I told you to check back and see what I did to this cute little stool I purchased for $10 at Mud Puppy Antiques in Winder.  Well, I did my part that same weekend, but it took quite a few weekends before my better half took care of his part!  Actually, once I paid for the purchase the lady at the store pointed out why the price tag said "as is".  I thought it was because it was a little wobbly.  Obviously there is a bit of history behind this sturdy little stool.  One of it's legs must have been broken because it had 3 identical legs and one that did not match - it had a bit more "details" than the other 3 did.  I decided that was fine; it gave it character and I could always turn it so that "different" leg didn't show.  It could be my little secret.




The hubs sanded all the wood down really well for me and then I got busy painting and crackling!  I picked up the awesome fabric at Hob Lob of course - 30% off that week - and made quick work of covering the cushion for a new look.  Once it was done, I needed the legs evened up because that "different" leg was a little bit shorter and the stool was actually a bit tall.  So finally this past Sunday my sweet husband finished his part of the project and cut the legs off so they were all even.  No more rocking!   I added some felt pads to the bottom of each leg and now for the unveiling of my new stool . . . . .


What do you think?  I love it.  Especially when I put my feet up to watch Castle, One Tree Hill or Revenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment