Sunday, February 19, 2012

A New Blog - Sew. Cook. Create.




Overwhelmed.  That's how I've been feeling for the past few months.  A lot of this is due to pressure I put on myself.  I feel like there's always something else I need to complete before the day is done. . . and usually there are quite a few things I don't get to.  So they are waiting for me the next day when I wake up.

For the past few days, I've had quite a bit of time to myself.  The men in my family have gone off on one of ther infamous father/son trips.  This time they've gone ice fishing in Wisconsin.  Even though they are safely back on dry land as I write this, I won't be sure until I see them that there weren't any mishaps during this trip.  Usually something happens to one of them, but many times I don't find out about it until they return home.  There was also a lack of cell service on the island, so that might be another reason I haven't heard any "horror stories".

So during this "quiet time", I realized  I wasn't doing a great job with blogging.  The fact that I had two blogs probably doesn't help.  So I've decided to combine my blogs and hopefully that way I won't neglect either of them.  I decided on a new name, "sew.  cook.  create" .  Now I can blog about all the things I love to do.

So here's a little peek at what I've been up to recently.  Yesterday I taught my first class of 2012 at Just Sew! Studio.  Four ladies attended the class and learned how to use a pattern, sew in a zipper, and make a skirt.    The skirts turned out really cute.  I  hope they will enjoy wearing them.  More classes will be offered in March.    As soon as I have the details, I'll include the info here in case you are interested in coming to a class.

I've been sticking with some of my favorite recipes recently - just because they are usually quick and easy.   I've tried a few new things that I've found on Pinterest, but they usually include chocolate.  I did find a really great recipe/technique for making some of the best scrambled eggs I've ever had.  Ingredients are the same that I've always used, but the method is what makes the difference.  The next time you scramble some eggs, give the Brown Eyed Baker's version a try - http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/11/04/how-to-make-perfect-scrambled-eggs/

Towards the end of 2011, I put some of my "creations" for sale at  The Sassy Sister, a new store in Jefferson.  The store has recently moved to 20 Railroad Street.  As I get some new spring & wedding items done,  I'll be taking them to the store too.   Please make sure you stop by and see all the cute things available there.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You are awesome with all that you do! Keep it up!! I can't wait until the next sewing class!

    ReplyDelete